Wednesday 2 January 2013

2012 in review

This post has taken me a little longer to write than intended - I sat down to do it on New Year's Eve but I made the mistake of checking Reader first and say Katy's post and the idea of making #scrappytripalong blocks seemed more exciting than blogging.

Well four blocks down I decided that my sadly neglected little blog needed some attention and it has been fun looking at the stuff I've made over the last year and it turns out there was more than I thought!

Quilts

Quilts 2012


I've finished 10 quilts this year (even if most of them are baby quilts) and two further quilt tops (the last two in the mosaic).

Most are relatively simple in design but I do feel that my accuracy has improved and I have conquered my fear of free motion quilting!  I want to try and move on from stippling this year and also improve my consistency.

Other makes

Other makes 2012


I also made four cushions, five bags, a mini quilt, three dolls/softies (only one pictured as I realised I never got round to photographing the others) and ten zip pouches.

I'm frankly amazed I managed to do that much and am looking forward to 2013.  I've got several things I plan to do but I want to try and get some of my five WIP finished in the early part of the year so I might join in with
she can quilt
to try and keep myself on track!

Right I'm off - wishing everyone a Happy & Productive New Year

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too Sarah.

    What a lovely happy bunch of quilts and projects you produced in 2012, here's wishing you an equally productive 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Sarah. Loving your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You really accomplished a lot in 2012. I love those Summersville pillows. How did I miss seeing those before? I may have to copy them.

    ReplyDelete