Sunday 27 May 2012

A little sewing and a lot of fabric!

Sun, sun glorious sun!  Finally after weeks of damp drought the sun appeared with a vengeance.

This has meant not much sewing but plenty of sitting around in the garden, topping up the kids' sun cream and entreating them to drink some more water.

However I did manage to get a little sewing done last night and as a result I have finished the top of my second quilt for Siblings Together

The pattern is Super Zig by Monica Solorio-Snow of Happy Zombie.  It is a free pattern available here.
The fabrics are klona tan and the prints are all from Natural Effects by Michele D'Amore and were donated by Katy of I'm a ginger monkey.

Apart from a couple of hiccups when I sewed pieces together upside down it came together really fast.  I've still got quite a lot of the prints left so I'm planning a bit of an improv back - I've never attempted that before so hopefully it will turn out OK.

I've also had a couple of fabric deliveries over the last few days
little lady came to investigate 

A jelly roll of Salt Air by Cosmo Cricket for Moda.

And most exciting

A complete fat quarter bundle of Summersville by Lucie Summers for Moda.  I bought it from The Stock Room on Etsy and it was a fantastic price, even allowing for the postage.  And it didn't get stopped by customs which made it even better value.  The service was great - posted really fast with excellent communication.
I think these are my favourite prints

But it changes every time I look at them!

If you have been thinking about getting some Summersville then do it!  The prints are so gorgeous and the colours are beautiful.  I can think of so many projects they would be perfect for.

Anyway I'm off to have a glass of wine in the garden!
See you soon
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. The quilt looks great! Awesome pattern!

    I too grabbed some Summersville prints. I got mine from Lucie herself! She was so sweet =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilt, I love the zig-zags!

    I don't know what it is about jelly rolls, but pictures of them always make me want to run to the fabric store and spend all my money! :D

    ReplyDelete