I've not been sewing much during the week at present as my darling little lady has decided to go through one of her periods of refusing to go to sleep! As a result by the time she finally gives in I haven't had the enthusiasm to get all my sewing stuff out (I sew in our dining room so everything has to be packed away every night).
Then we had to replace the towel rail in our cloakroom and I decided I'd paint the room (as you do) so that took up what would have been my sewing time on Saturday.
However I had a good session on Saturday night and an hour on Sunday afternoon and so I've finished my current baby quilt top.
Building Blocks Baby Quilt
Fabric: Mixture of Anne Kelle and Michael Miller prints and Kona solids
I'm really pleased with how it has turned out - initially when the blocks were finished I was worried it was going to be too busy but the sashing and border have calmed it down. I do like the mix of colours - when my son was born everything we got was blue, I like blue but it gets a bit boring on its own. This combo still says 'boy' to me but is more fun than just blue on its own.
For the back I've got a lovely Riley Blake flannel that coordinates nicely:
I'm hoping to get it basted this evening and quilted & bound by the weekend.
No progress on our bed quilt and no new projects started.
Linking up with
I'm off over there now to check out what everyone else has been up to.