Sunday 29 January 2012

Discipline

When I first started quilting and reading quilting blogs I couldn't understand how some people seemed to have so many projects on the go at once.  I foolishly thought that it would be easy to start a project and complete it before moving on to the next!

Before long I realised that sometimes you need to start something new- maybe something that needs to be done quickly (like a baby gift), maybe you hit a bump with a project and need a break (like my Alice Mixtape quilt) or maybe you just can't resist cutting into a stack of new fabric.

I'm currently doing my best to resist the temptation of the last of those.  I got some fab fabric bundles for christmas:



Echo by Lotta Jansdotter; Klona Brights Bundle (both from Backstitch); Modern Meadow by Joel Dewsberry in two colourways (both from Gone to Earth).

The temptation to start something with one (or more!) of these is enormous - but I am trying to be disciplined and finish at least one of my 2011 starts each month.  I'm making good progress on quilting my batik quilt so I'm going to try and hold off until it is done.

And anyway I've changed my mind about eight times already on what pattern I'll use for the Echo so maybe it is no bad thing to wait and ponder a bit rather than launch in and regret it later.

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I'm very jealous of the Echo, I think it's gorgeous. Hope you enjoy using it.

    ReplyDelete